Friday, March 27, 2015

Untitled

I'm really tired of people using their children as an excuse to not come around me and my husband. It's as if parents feel like oh if I can't bring my kids with me than I can't be around you. Really? So these parents have no time to themselves, no hobbies, no husband and wife time (if they had no husband and wife time I doubt that their relationship would be lasting) absolutely no adult that can watch their kids? People might try and say they can't be away from their children but it's B.S.
Unless you are a doctor, lawyer, own your own business or have some other high powered job that requires the majority of your time, leaving only a small amount of time for family.
There are plenty of people who have 3 or more kids, work full time, are there for their kids and have a social life that doesn't involve the little ones. So what is it about these parents that's different? I think it's because they make the most of their time. Instead of watching t.v. in separate rooms they watch it together as a family. Instead of having lazy weekends, they spend a couple hours out of their day taking their kids somewhere like the park or the movies. Then, they take time for their grown up social life.
People try to put the fact that my husband and I can't be around kids on us. Like it's our fault. Like its something that we have a choice about. It's like I'm sorry my daughter dying is an inconvenience for you. Just be glad your children are alive and you can be around kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment