Thursday, August 28, 2014

Packing Up My Daughter's Things


My husband and I just moved from an apartment to our new house. After my daughter died we were debating if we still needed the extra space. We decided that it would be best to move because we had too many memories of me being pregnant at our apartment. I did not think that I would have been able to handle packing up Malaysia May's things at the place where we were supposed to bring our daughter home. I felt like I would just stare at the place were her bassinet and things used to be and get sad. On the other hand, if I kept her things up I felt like people would think that I had lost my mind.

We have already moved everything out of our old place except my daughter's things. I remember the excitement that I felt washing all of her clothes and putting them up. Her clothes are so adorable and she was going to be one fashionable baby.

Looking at her stuff somehow brings me comfort even though she never got to wear her clothes, play with her toys or use the ton of diapers that we have. The first few weeks after her birthday I felt like I was in a nightmare and I was going to wake up and everything was going to be okay. When I looked at her things I felt like she was still coming and all though it was similar to false hope it was comforting to me to believe that she was still coming and that she would be able to wear her clothes. Now I have to pack her things up and I know that I will probably have a melt down.    

Originally Posted on 03/31/14, 02:08 pm

Original Posting Source
http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Stillbirth/forum/18592851-packing-up-my-daughters-things

No comments:

Post a Comment