Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day

My feelings this past Mother's Day were mixed. On one hand I so desperately wanted people to remember that I am and will always be a mother. On the other hand I think there is nothing more cruel than not having my daughter here to celebrate the holiday with me.

It's complicated...

I wanted people to call me but I did not want them to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I just wanted to know that they remembered. For some reason Mother's Day is the only holiday through out the whole year that I actually want to celebrate. Yet, I do not want to be around other mother's and their children on this day. Every other holiday means nothing because I cannot celebrate it with Malaysia. 

But Mother's Day....

It is a day to celebrate that I created a beautiful baby girl even if she was taken too soon. A day to remember that I AM a mother even if I cannot hold her. A day to be grateful that I get to feel the greatest love and bond that I will ever feel in my life even if it is coupled with the strongest grief. 

Love, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment